Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Closest Thing to Heaven

I hear someone mention it and my breath catches.
I meet a native and my hands shake.
I see it on TV and I yell from excitement.
I feel it under my feet and it's the yellow brick road.


I HEART NY

It's 'Superbia'. It is to some adults what Disney World is to all kids. There's something in the air, in the traffic, in the overpriced food (except for the coffee and muffin I got for $1.75- thank you very much!); it's magic.

You can tell a New Yorker on the street by the way his mouth does not gape open, his extremely fast pace, and the bluetooth on his ear. He's on a mission: get where I'm going with the least amount of resistance. Does this guy have any idea where he is?! This is the most riveting, thrilling, pulse racing place he could ever be;

THIS IS MANHATTAN!

Lately I find myself so incredibly busy that I'm flying through the day (and even the week) just trying to get from A to B with the least amount of 'resistance'(the shortest distance between two points is a straight line). It's almost like I'm rushing through so I can get back to New York. I wonder if Heaven is like New York City?

What if Heaven makes our pulse race? breath catch? hands shake? Right now I feel like there can be nothing better than my favorite place. Someday I'll stand corrected...if I can even stand (Heaven might make your knees buckle!)

No comments: