Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where in the World is Carman Sandiego?

Do you remember that kid game show on PBS? It was on after school. Three kids would use clues to search for Carman around the world. Also there was an a capella quartet (only the music nerds enjoyed that part...myself probably being the ringleader) that would interject random songs, turning the game show into a musical! Anyway, Carman would be in some new, exotic and exciting city that changed EVERY DAY!

In a very small way, I am following her fictitious footsteps. Since I have decided to change jobs, I have felt so much freedom. During a road trip this weekend, I asked my step-mom why I was limiting myself to staying around the city where I grew up. We started to brainstorm about where I might want to live. Everything became so fresh and exciting, as if my life was opening up in front of me for the first time. I could barely sleep that night; an adventure was starting.

I was nervous to move to a new city by myself, especially since I'm thinking CITIES here, as in a bustling metropolis. A friend's name kept appearing in my mind. I didn't know what was going on in her life, but I had a drive to do this adventure thing with her. I saw her on Monday, dying to ask her what was going on in her life. She beat me to it; I only shared the bare minimum. She then told me about HER recent musings about moving away to a big city. She was nervous to do it alone........ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

As a sidenote I must stop and ask this: why am I surprised by God? Of course He orchest
rates things like this...HE'S GOD!

Right now we have no set destination. I can't wait to figure out where God will help us go. I'm not sure He's going to lead to a specific place; I have a thought that He gives many options in this kind of situation. It's not as if He is one place and we are moving to another...again, HE'S GOD!

If you have any input as to where I should spend the next season of life geographically or otherwise, I'm receiving all opinions!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVED Carmen Sandiego!! AND Rockapella :) I loved playing the computer game too--except I had "Where in the U.S. is Carmen Sandiego?"

As for your life...who are you adventuring with?? I think Nashville is a great city...

If not there, whatever happened to Charlotte? I remember you wanted to go there a couple of years ago. I don't know much about it but have heard great things...and it's got a couple of great churches I know of.

Stephanie said...

Roommate,
Rockapella! That's the name!
I had the computer game "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"
The adventure partner is Andrea Parker; still thinking about the carolinas

Joshua Longbrake said...

where in the world is carmen san di-longbrake.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an awesome freedom to have! That's so great Steph! I hope that God gives you peace as you consider where He may want you to live. That's so great. :)

p.s. I wrote into the show once to ask if I could be on it. That show was the best.

Josh and Cammie Delph said...

Steph - I don't know your email address anymore, and I really miss you and want to hear from you!! ~Cammie