Friday, April 21, 2006

My Brother, the Prophet...


It's obvious I think the world of my brother, Josh. Honestly, most people do. If I had anything to do with this phenomenon, I would be sounding pretty conceited now. Fortunately, I am unable to take even the smallest amound of credit for his incomparable-ness (not a real word, I know) I could make a list of his traits(in alphabetical order of course, since I am so detail-minded), but instead I want to focus on the thing I've learned about him most recently:
GOD IS TALKING TO ME IN AN AUDIBLE VOICE THAT SOUNDS INCREDIBLY FAMILIAR... JOSH'S.
I was reading his blog today from Scotland. It's better to read it for yourself, but the gist is that God was gracious yesterday, is being gracious today, and will most likely give me grace tomorrow. He is the I AM. He is present; present in Fort Wayne, Scotland, and Wilmington. I'm facing multiple changes in life these days, decisions that will alter the next season of my life. I spend so much time now wondering and worrying especially. There is no need; my brilliant brother pointed this out to me from across an ocean. Man I'm glad he went to Europe!

1 comment:

Joshua Longbrake said...

i love my sister very very very much.