Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Importance of Being Earnestly Literate

My friend Laura is quite possibly the most genuine, selfless, and others-minded person I've ever known. I leave each conversation with her thinking of the new way I saw Christ in her; and how He is revealing Himself through her to me. She probably has no idea she is influencing me with such magnitude. She may just think we're having coffee...
My brother has the same effect on me, even to the extent that had it not been for his blog, I wouldn't even know what one is much less write one myself. http://thelongbrake.blogspot.com He inspires me to do many things; some massive and others minute. Lately, it has been to read.
I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.
After that I liked jazz music.
Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way. ~Donald Miller Blue Like Jazz
Thank you Josh; Thank you Laura

No comments: