Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Building and Tearing Down


It happened a month ago, but it's effect is active now. Thus begins what I can imagine will be many posts about what God did to, in, and maybe even through me in Mexico.
On our last day working in Matamoros, we met a woman in need. She would soon lose her home because it was built on land that was being repossessed. Her hope was to tear her house apart by piece, store it, and rebuild it on her own property. Calling it a house is sugar-coating it. We climbed on the roof, pried apart each piece, sorted, and tried to salvage her home. It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. What I viewed as trash; this was her tre
asure.
Who knows if she will rebuild her house. Who knows if any of the materials can still be of use. This is what I know:

See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to
those who do not believe, the stone the builders rejected has become the capstone.

She knows the Stone; I know the Stone. We will trust, and we will never be put to shame. THIS STONE IS PRECIOUS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!
I love that story! It causes me to think of so much stuff I have and am so very ungrateful for. You are a marvelous blogger! Love ya bunches!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!
I love that story! It causes me to think of so much stuff I have and am so very ungrateful for. You are a marvelous blogger! Love ya bunches!